Why Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke)?
“Poka-Yoke” a Japanese term coined by Shiego Shingo in the 1960’s meaning “mistake-proofing”. It is a highly effective quality control tool. It stems from recognizing that making mistakes is part of being human. A Poka-yoke removes or greatly reduces the opportunities for us to make mistakes. They can make a process run more smoothly, reduce defect rates, decrease takt time and even improve quality of life. The term was initially applied in the manufacturing world but today examples can be seen in all sectors and in many aspects of our lives. A can improve the yield and efficiency of many processes and above all reduce defect rates.
Advantage of implementing a poka-yoke is better moral and improved atmosphere among employees and managers. This is achieved by removing a “blame culture”. In the working environment telling an employee to do better or penalizing them for mistakes is often unsuccessful in reducing error rates. Poka yoke theory recognized that it is the process which is flawed and not the people. Companies should do everything they can to ensure the success of their employees. Small design features and visual cues can do just that. They can have a profound effect on safety, efficiency and ensuring a product or service is right first time. Giving those who work in the process the opportunity come up with clever solutions to greatly reduce the error rate or eliminate it altogether is incredibly rewarding for everyone involved.
Benefits of Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke) Training:
- Workers will need less training, because the process they are now following will automatically correct any deviation from what is required.
- Increased safety where work is done with hazardous materials or in risky conditions, such as working with electricity or petrochemicals.
- Quality checks by sampling and inspection can be reduced, because the elimination of mistakes is built into the process, either b prediction or by detection
- The work will be less repetitive and boring because of the removal of some of the inspection that was needed before
- Quality-based work and continuous improvement become a way of life.
- No defective items, or very few, are produced, thus reducing waste and costs
- Confidence levels in the product(s) are improved, because stakeholders know that the production process eliminates or radically reduces defects being produced.
- Concept of Mistake Proofing
- Mistakes, defects & defectives
- Types of Mistake Proofing?
- Red flag condition.
- Implementation Roadmap
Lecture, Presentation, Activity based real life demonstration, Related audio-video visuals, Group Activity.
Who Should Attend-
All Manufacturing & Service industry person’s who wants to eliminate their Process errors.
One Day Training (10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)