Why 5S Training?
5S is workplace management where the work area and Workplace are organized to minimize the loss of time and unnecessary movement. The aim of this training is to acquire the knowledge to be able to develop 5S on the workplace. The participant will learn the basic tools for managing and eliminating waste by 5S methodology. 5S is the absolute basis of Lean Manufacturing. Principles of 5S can be used in both – manufacturing and service companies.
Benefits of 5S Training:
1. Safety- Reduce the number of lost time accidents and workman’s compensation claims.
2. Quality- Eliminate the possibility of using previously rejected parts or the wrong tools. Eliminate contamination and assure compliance to standard procedures
3. Productivity- Eliminate wasted time searching for things. Reduce cycle times; reduce equipment downtime through regular cleaning and inspection
4. Costs- Eliminate all of the extra ‘stuff’ purchased to replace items that take too long to find or those things that were simply lost
5. Disciplines- Improves employee’s Morale & disciplines by eliminating workplace hazard.
1. Concept of Lean Manufacturing
2. 7+1 Types of waste
3. What is 5S Methodology?
4. 1S (Sort)- Segregate needed and unneeded items (Red Tagging)
Eliminate unneeded items
5. 2S (Set in Order)- Arrange needed items so they are easy to find, use, and return
6. 3S (Shine)- Shine and inspect through cleaning
7. 4S (Standardize)- Ensuring everyone is doing it the same way
8. 5S (Sustain)- Ensuring everyone is doing it the same way, every day
9. 5S Audit.
Lecture, Presentation, Activity based real life demonstration, Game, Related audio-video visuals, Group Activity.
Who Should Attend-
All Manufacturing & Service industry person’s who want to improve their workplace Efficiency.
One Day Training (10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)